Meeting the Mayor of Chino Hills

Omnitrans plans to make changes on routes that stop near the Chino Hills High.

https://images.app.goo.gl/2L17M1rV6XQ81RH18

Alexis Greer, Staff Writer

Chino Hills Mayor, Mrs. Moran recently came to Chino Hills High school for an interview with the Journalism students. She shared what it is like being the mayor and things about the city of Chino Hills that the students should know. Some history from Mrs. Moran is that she ran for city council in November of 2012, she volunteered at different events for Chino Hills before running for city council, and she also worked at Chino Hills High school. Mrs. Moran said she likes being Mayor but sometimes it hard because it takes away quite a bit of her family time because she always wants the citizens to feel well represented and satisfied. Being Mayor is supposed to be a part-time job, but obviously sometimes it doesn’t work as planned.

Mrs. Moran has made many changes in the city along with helping to make a park in Los Serranos, she also mentioned that a city cannot build a park anywhere they want, once they find the land, it also has to be bought for a reasonable price before it is built. Mrs. Moran also wants the students of Chino Hills to know that if they are an Omnitrans user that the company is considering moving their stops located on the route to Chino Hills High without the knowledge of its riders, she is not sure where the new stops will be located, but they will most likely be moved in September of the next school year and maybe no longer be stopping near Chino Hills High.